Representative Will Metcalf is a 6th generation resident of Montgomery County and an accomplished business leader. Metcalf has devoted his life to the people of his community, and continues this service as the state representative from House District 16. His experience in the financial sector gives Metcalf the skills to be a knowledgeable and conservative voice on behalf of the people of Montgomery County. As a state representative, Metcalf works hard to protect Montgomery County values, keeping Texas a shining example for business and job creation. Metcalf brings a new generation of conservative leadership to the state legislature, and continues to be an active member of the Montgomery County community.
Metcalf has worked his way through the local banking industry, helping Montgomery County families and small businesses achieve their financial goals. Currently, Metcalf serves as Vice President & Director of Business Development at Spirit of Texas Bank, where he assists in leading in the banks commercial lending division. Metcalf is active in the development of the north Montgomery County area as well, through involvement in the real estate market where he manages investments in Montgomery County and the surrounding areas.
Metcalf also serves on several local organizations including, the Montgomery County Fair Association, the Montgomery Independent School District Foundation Board. He is also a member of the Conroe Noon Lions Club, and a member of the Friends of Conroe, former board member of the Conroe Industrial Development Corporation, the Greater Conroe Economic Development Council and the Conroe Family YMCA. He is also a lifetime member of the NRA and the 100 Club.
Will Metcalf’s family has continuous roots in Montgomery County dating back to 1847. Will was born in Conroe, and is the son of Mary Ann and Tommy Metcalf. He is a product of Conroe ISD and after graduation, Metcalf attended Sam Houston State University where he earned a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice. Will and his wife Megan have been married for eight years and they are the proud parents of beautiful five-year-old twin daughters, Amelia and Elizabeth. Megan is the former Vice President of the Conroe Service League, a member of the Lake Conroe Area Republican Women, an associate member of North Shore Republican Women, and also an associate member of Montgomery County Republican Woman. Before Will and Megan had children, Megan was a special education teacher in Conroe and Montgomery ISDs. The Metcalfs attend Fellowship of Montgomery Church.
- Member, Homeland Security & Public Safety Committee
- Member, Economic & Small Business Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Small Business.
- Member, Young Texans Legislative Caucus
- Member, Rural Caucus
- Member, House Republican Caucus
- Former Finance Chair & Board Member, Conroe Industrial Development Corporation Board
- Former Board Member and Executive Committee Member for the Greater Conroe Economic Development Council
- Former Board Member and Finance Committee Member, the Conroe YMCA
- Serves on the advisory board for Montgomery County Fair Association and Past Vice Chairman for the 2012 and 2013 Livestock Auction Committee. Currently serves as a board member on the Livestock Auction Committee along with serving on the Advisory Board.
- Member, Class of 2014 Leadership Montgomery County
- Member, Conroe Noon Lions Club
- Member of Fellowship of Montgomery
- Three-Year term for the First Baptist Church Conroe Finance Committee
- Two-Year Chairman of the Board of Trustees, First Baptist Academy
- Lifetime Member, Montgomery County Fair Association
- Lifetime Member, Friends of Conroe
- Lifetime Member of the NRA
- Lifetime Member of the 100 Club
- Lifetime Member of the Sam Houston State University Alumni Association
- Board member and Treasurer for the Montgomery Independent School District Education Foundation